After School Golf Training Programs
Roger Van Dyke, President Indian River Golf Foundation
Are you and your child interested in developing new skills or engaging in a new sport? The Indian River Golf Foundation offers a variety of after school golf programs for interested youth of all skill levels. The purpose is to engage as many youths in the game and cultivate a love for the game that can last a lifetime.
After School SNAG Golf Program
One Day Per Week per Month During the School Year
What is SNAG?
SNAG Golf (Starting New At Golf) is a user friendly and “first touch” program to introduce golf to elementary school players who are new to the game. Activities follow the guide of TPC (Training – Practices – Competitions).
- Your child will find an instructor and mentor with one of our golf teachers
- Our practices are comprehensive and easy to understand, so your child will never feel lost while learning the game of golf.
- Your child will have the opportunity to put their newly-learned skills to the test in local competitions.
Equipment includes two clubs (Launcher and Roller) and tennis-type balls that cling to Velcro covered targets. SNAG Golf equipment is playground and gymnasium safe. Most importantly, SNAG Golf equipment is frequently sanitized and cleaned between each use, so you can have peace of mind knowing that your child is using clean equipment.
IRGF’s SNAG Objective
Here at Indian River Golf Foundation, the objective of our SNAG program is to introduce students to all aspects of the game of golf. These skills include the fundamentals of the golf swing and safety while also learning how to play by the rules, how to play the game while teaching life skills and good citizenship. Based upon individual focus and initiative, students will transition from SNAG Golf equipment to sessions using TRADITIONAL Golf equipment.
Benefits Of Learning Golf At Young Ages
If you are a parent, you probably know how quickly kids can become interested in then promptly become bored of a hobby. Believe us, we have all been there. However, here at Indian River Golf Foundation, we are committed to providing your child with not only a hobby, but a sport in which they will follow the principles of for the rest of their lives.
Not only that, but we are also committed to making sure that your child is reaping all of the benefits of golf while they are in our SNAG program. Here are some of the benefits that come from childhood golfing experience:
- Physical health improvements
- Playing golf has a number of different positive health benefits that can help your child grow. Some of these include the improvement of vision, strengthening muscles, and a better understanding of balance.
- Learning real-life skills
- Through the lessons learned in golf, children can develop skills they can and will apply to the real world. Golf requires communication and teamwork in order to win a competition, which are crucial for your child to learn. Other skills they will learn through golf include patience, problem-solving, and discipline.
- Fosters friendships based off the common love of golf
- All of our programs encourage children to get to know each other and to play together (all while following CDC distancing guidelines, of course). Not only do these exercises foster a sense of teamwork in our classes, but they can also develop into friendships that last beyond the greens.
- Helps in the appreciation of the smaller things in life
- Golfing is a strictly outside sport that takes place on some beautiful landscapes. As golfing greens are often made to foster the original land’s natural life, children will be able to truly appreciate how important and beautiful nature is. In this outside environment, they will also begin to understand clarity of the mind and how it is important for all athletes.
At Indian River Golf, we want to make sure that our students are getting the absolute most out of our after-school programs.
Where to Find SNAG Programs By You
Is your child interested in joining a SNAG program, but is unsure of where practices are held? Chances are that they won’t look further than their own school! That’s right: Indian River Golf Foundation are partners with a number of different schools in your area, meaning our SNAG programs might be available at your child’s school. If you are interested in seeing the complete list of schools that offer SNAG, please call 773-713-9593 for more information.
After School TRADITIONAL Golf Programs
The Indian River Golf Foundation offers training in TRADITIONAL Golf (real golf) during the school year. Elementary School – Middle School – High School Players Equipment provided, if needed
Fall Series / Winter Series / Spring Series
Mondays – Tuesdays – Wednesdays – Thursdays
Activities include Training – Practices – Competitions (TPC).
Short Game & Full-Swing Skills Training – Evaluations – Challenges
Series-Ending Tournaments in conjunction with the Atlantic Junior Golf Tour (Saturdays)
Locations: Sandridge Golf Club – Sebastian Golf Course – Fall – Winter – Spring Indian River Club (September & May)